[StBernard] Rebuild St. Bernard 'safer, stronger, smarter'

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 17 08:53:49 EST 2006

I believe they use the Intracoastal for the external tanks. However, you
may recall that the levees at Michoud held; they were armoured. Also, they
had pump operators who rigged a system to keep the pumps going even when
they had to get out to a stronger bldg. at Michoud

That armouring thing sure sounds like a good deal. Wish we had had it.

JY

> Is it possible that the MRGO will never be closed because of NASA
using
this waterway for getting the space shuttles delivered to Florida?

Our parish president, stated in a speech to a local high school in
the
earlier part of 2005 that the MRGO,
"had to go". What has changed since then and why?

CLM