[StBernard] I still don't understand the plan and buy-out

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 17 19:13:50 EST 2006

for some
of us, the economics factor in heavily, and I would expect the
economics of
rebuilding should be figured into any governmental plan.

I understand that quite well, yet the plans and recommendations seem to
ignore those who just want to live out their life. I am young enough to
start over should I choose to do so, but many of our residents do not have
that luxury. So I think any 'plan' needs to take care of those people as
well. Many of our elderly residents in the parish are much more emotional
than I (since I was not born here), and just want to live a few more years
without having to worry about raising, rebuilding, reselling. In a few
years, more or less, their property will then be available for whatever
their kids etc want to do with it. I am sure all this planning is long
range, and many could easily live in a repaired house for another decade
before anything is turned into futuristic housing (by then, even the current
plan will look outdated, I am sure).
I really think we forget about lots of our residents, those who made St
Bernard what it was, a peaceful, friendly, family oriented parish, which I
chose for that very reason.

Gaby