[StBernard] Duany meeting

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 17 19:12:52 EST 2006

GREAT POST. Wholeheartedly agree. Never had water even in the street until
this one.

Gaby
-----------------

Deborah,

I must commend you for staying as long as you did. I stayed for 30
minutes.
My opinion in a nut shell ...I think this is a joke.

Only on perhaps two or three occasions have we ever had water as
high as the
curb in our streets in the 32 years we lived in St. Bernard Parish.
It is
ludicrous for parish officials or anyone else, to begin to think
that
residents with slab homes should comply to such a plan. Further
adding
insult to injury inferring that perhaps if you do not comply you may
not be
able to buy insurance coverage for your home.

Of course this takes the focus off of what should be done in the
very first
place, BUILD BETTER LEVEES,CLOSE THE MRGO,BUILD A BETTER PROTECTION
SYSTEM,
and REPLANT THE WETLANDS that were destroyed by all of the
overbuilding to
begin with.

These people are definitely taking the focus off of the GOVERNMENT'S
responsibility. BUILDING A SAFER LEVEE PROTECTION SYSTEM for their
own
CITIZENS!

The responsibility is now placed on the hard working citizens of St.
Bernard
Parish, with costs that will be astronomical. Those citizens who had
no
insurance or those underinsured will not be able to afford the cost
of
raising their homes.