[StBernard] 40 arpent

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 17 19:12:22 EST 2006

Copied below from the TP article. This is quite right. I like living where
we lived and were quite happy and content for a decade and a half, in this
nearly untouched area, wildlife, birds, etc. Many St Bernardians live in the
parish BECAUSE it is NOT like the 21. century northshore or ratrace traffice
metairie. There will always be those who like to live RETRO (to be 'in' with
the terms) and it certainly takes more than 75% of preK minus Insurance to
get us off our little piece of paradise we own. At least I wont move until I
am good and ready, and I wont give my little piece of property away.

<<But the plans also won't work if residents insist on rebuilding where they
were no matter what, Councilman Craig Taffaro said.

Council members are hoping to get more funding from the Louisiana Recovery
Authority to encourage residents to move away from areas near the 40 Arpent
Canal that had more severe flooding and wind damage than other areas. >>

Gaby