[StBernard] Opt out of Class Action suit

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Mar 18 23:24:57 EST 2006

"I went to Murphy to get my test results which were done in Dec & Jan.
Allthey could tell me was that my results were positive. I didn't have to
opt out to get the results. This helps making the decision whether to opt
out or not. --Syl "

***Doesn't it truly make sense to let people know? Whether they sue
independently because they have oil, or sue collectively as a class action,
Murphy would, as an end result, get sued. However, if people get tested and
no oil is on property, then they're no suit to the benefit of Murphy.

If Murphy fails to get test results for people in the Judge's new designated
zone, and if the zone holds up, the class action still remains for those in
the Judge's new area.

Knowing this, I'm in awe as to why Murphy won't go ahead and have tested (as
Murphy has said it is a valued, conscienceous, neighborhood partner of the
community) those who ask for it?

What's the deal in keeping people pi$$ed off enough to WANT to sue, and seek
a vengence vs. that responsible company called Murphy? Befuddling...

==jer==