[StBernard] Neighborhood Stink

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 20 22:47:00 EST 2006

SBD:

There are some (probably most) that are not as fortunate as you to be able
to return, clean and restart. Many are still dislocated, have not received
insurance funds, a trailer, etc. There are elderly people who have no
family to help because they are in the same situation, either in St. Bernard
or other parishes that were hit just as hard.

We have been Chalmatians (and the rest of our families) for many years, have
lost 2 homes in the same area. We are not considering returning because of
our age, so that means in order for us to try & salvage the little we can,
we need a place to put it. If your friends and family are kind enough to
ask you in, you cannot impose upon them to take all your mucky memoirs with
you. That would be a terrible imposition. If order to purchase another
home, time must be taken to look for the best price, best location (where
flood waters did not surge to the roof) and one that you can afford.

Please do not be so harsh. We are all in this together and will take more
time, more money and lotsa patience.

If our leaders of St. Bernard Parish are in a quandry, what do you expect of
us??????

Pat