[StBernard] Charter Communications

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 23 23:45:40 EST 2006

Although I have had people on the North Shore tell me they are not
experiencing the same problems I am having in Thibodaux with Charter's
Internet service, I have reached the breaking point and will be canceling
them.

Unfortunately, it means I will have to reduce my top speed from 3mbs to
1.5mbs since I am too far away from BellSouth's central office to get the
3mbs speed, I figure 1.5mbs is better than 1k, which is worse then today's
standard dial-up. In fact, in order to get tonight's emails off, I had to
switch to dial-up just to be able to send out an email.

I have had Charter come to my house three times in the past month and all
they can do is blame it on their primary feed from Slidell being disrupted
and not getting enough bandwidth from Cox in Walker. Basically, it is not
my problem. They promised 3mbs and if they can't deliver, I'm not paying
for it and I don't accept trying to place the blame on Cox.

I had Cox for three years in Chalmette and maybe had a total of 24 hours of
downtime. The bulk of which came during a power outage.

I have also already started placing a bug in the Mayor of Thibodaux's ear
about not renewing Charter's franchise agreement when it comes up again. Of
course, it is dependant on another company wanting to come into the
Thibodaux market.

Since we do have Cox employees on this list, I hope they will also plant the
bug in their supervisor's ear. I will be the first in line to sign up for
Cox if they come to Thibodaux.

Westley