[StBernard] Entergy

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Mar 25 19:39:18 EST 2006

Geez, Entergy so far behind the times it is not even funny.

Like everyone else, I got a bill for services used in August pre-Katrina a
couple of weeks ago. No big deal, they were going to tack it onto my next
bill.

Well, I'm glad I did get that, since it took a couple of days after that for
me to start realizing I hadn't paid anything to them in a while. Figured
either I didn't remember paying the last bill or I had missed it for some
reason. No big deal, was expecting a slightly higher bill when it did come.
Didn't bother looking at the checkbook to see when was the last time I had
paid them.

Thursday, I finally get a bill from Entergy for $370. Not bad, since $250
was for Chalmette usage pre-Katrina.

Silly me, Friday I get two envelopes from Entergy. As fate would have it, I
opened them in ascending order, so first I see $500 then $630. Now, I'm
wondering what's going on, but it's 8PM when I opened the envelopes, so I
ignore for Saturday.

Check Saturday's mail, and you guessed, another envelope from Entergy. This
time they want $766.

I sit down and start looking at the meter reading dates and realize I'm
getting a bill for each month we've been in the house in Thibodaux. I go
check my checkbook, sure enough, no payments to Entergy since October when I
had paid my outstanding bill from before Katrina.

Of course, you can't call Entergy on the weekend. Online is a joke. They
offer no billing services online.

As much I hate Atmos Energy, at least they do offer full online accounting
so if you have any questions you can look it up at 3:00 AM if you want.

I think my next mission will be a phone and email campaign to tell Entergy
to get with the times and offer full online accounting.

Westley