[StBernard] slab demo

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 30 22:08:15 EST 2006

Let's ring FEMA's phones. Let's start calling and asking for a list of
all contractors who are involved in FEMA debris pickup so we know who
not to call for foundation removal. I'll try tomorrow and see what
phone no. they refer me to or how long it takes to get a reply. Then
you can all call that person.

But wait, FEMA says they don't know about any subcontractors other than
the prime. At least that's what they and the Corps say everytime
there's an article about how the prime gets 90% of the money and the
lowest level sub gets next to nothing.
So either they do know who all the tiers of subs are, or they have no
way of knowing.

I wonder if they even informed the debris subs about this. Seems
illegal that a company that is a fourth level sub getting $6/yd for
debris pickup can't get the big bucks for tearing out a house slab
directly for the homeowner. This is America, right?

Maybe they want all the illegal aliens who are not recorded anywhere
with government to get all the slab demo work.

Deborah Keller