[StBernard] Rebuilding

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 30 22:24:25 EST 2006

Do I sound crazy?

No,
I dont think you sound crazy. I wondered a while back why in the world I am
waiting for strangers (fema) and authorities who are working to make our
live livable, to tell me where I can live and how I can live. After all,
government is supposed to serve the people, and I am people.
We may be the last house on our street, and few neighbors may come back any
time soon, but I will live there as soon as possible, with NO mortgage
payment other than that small SBA loan amount.
I do think if more people just build back, taking into account the news and
plans and recommendations to make certain adjustments and consider risks,
then the parish would be way ahead in recovery, more than it is now.
Of course I understand that not everyone has the resources, but many do.
Still wondering why a family of 6 can not come and gut their own house but
is waiting for volunteers to give up their vacation. tz tz

Gaby