[StBernard] Rebuild on hold no flood insurance?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 31 23:05:14 EST 2006

This is plain nuts. FEMA is an agency under the federal Administriation,
meaning the President of the United States runs FEMA. All the President has
to do is issue an executive order to FEMA stating the level to which the
Corps of Engineers will reconstruct the levees is acceptable. The
bureaucrats at FEMA will just have to eat it and carry out whatever the
President decrees.

So, I suggest everyone contact members of our Congressional delegation and
request they petition President Bush to issue and executive order to FEMA to
waive current agency requirements on the levees under repair thus allowing
flood insurance to be obtained.

A simple stroke of the pen is all it takes. Congressional approval is not
required.

John Scurich