[StBernard] Archdiocese bailing out

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Mar 31 23:21:30 EST 2006

Less faith in the church,
more faith in God.>>

It think what is happening is that unfortunately many churches are now run
more like a business than a church. After all, people of the church are like
one body with many parts, as we are told in the Bible. So there is nothing
wrong with one person helping another in need, one congregation helping
another, one parish helping another. Seems that St Bernard is seen as a
place not so good for church business, yet Gentilly has potential due to the
'type' of people most likely to return? while St Bernard does not have to
offer the financial back up? That is sad indeed. However, that is not only
catholic thought but permeates many other churches as well. Under the
pretense that one builds where there are many people as they 'need ' it, it
is really built where there is money. It is 'needed' even more where there
are less people.
Once a pastor gets up to preach and sees that only one farmer braved it
through the rain and storm to come to SUnday service. Pastor says 'well,
makes no sense to preach to just one, so we just cancel today' when the
farmer replies 'well, when I get ready to feed my cows, and only one shows
up, I still feed it."

Gaby