[StBernard] Parish charter

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Apr 4 08:21:39 EDT 2006

Jim,

There has always been an underlying debate about this issue. Keep in mind
that when the charter was written, it was largely written to overcompensate
for a problem plagued police jury system- more because of some of the
players than anything else- jurors had administrative and legislative
powers- council is strictly legislative by design. This shifts the large
share of authority to the president- it takes a five member block of the
council to really push any agenda if it is not in line with the president.
Everyone wins with cooperation, but there is some point that requires a
schism.

Keep praying for us all.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig