[StBernard] abandoned property

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Apr 4 23:14:25 EDT 2006

Westley,

This is just a question that I would like to ask everyone that has made the
decision to return to St. Bernard and rebuild their former home.

Have you contacted your insurance agent and asked for a builders risk
policy?

My agent has told me that even though I have kept my homeowners and flood
insurance policies active by renewing them, the insurance company will not
pay for any losses sustained until the house is completely rebuilt. Should
anything happen to the house in its current condition....well basically it's
your tough luck. When I pressed him on this issue, he said that the only
way that I could cover the home is through a builders' risk policy. It
seems as though there is another snake in the grass.....

Any insurance agents out there care to shed a little light on the subject?

JPK