[StBernard] Local Elections

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 5 21:02:19 EDT 2006

To ALL,

Not withstanding the issue that there are many incidence of elected
officials performing at less than admirable standards at all levels of
government- it is no wonder to me why more "GOOD" people do not run for
office-- just stop for a minute and consider how the impression of a person
who decides to run for office immediately changes and becomes the target of
anyone with a glancing bit of information to take public aim at the person
regardless of the factual content and irregardless of the personal damage it
does to family, friends, or others associated with the person.

It is not hard to understand the cycle- politics in St. Bernard has been
described as a bloodsport- it isn't far from accurate.

Craig