[StBernard] abandoned houses

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 6 20:54:25 EDT 2006

> Everyone has very busy lives, with children, work, and extended families.

There wasn't too much time to stand outside and talk. However, the people I
know were always available in times of need. We were there for each other
and it was understood.
Now everyone is scattered in many different directions. We wish the best for
everyone...and for those who may have a little more than others ...it is no
different...we are all concerned for each other...but in the end we must
take care of ourselves...not too many people have enough to spread it
around...although we wish that we could...we will always have our friends
and neighbors in our hearts...it is very difficult for each of us to do our
own cleanup...let alone help others...we do what we can...we all wish that
we could do more...but this is a time when we need help from people all
around...outside of our neighborhoods...if we ever hope to get the Gulf
South up and running...we have seen a great deal of help from various
organizations...this is absolutely wonderful...and we thank these
people....however, we need much, much more...at the rate St. Bernard is
working it will take 20 years to get to look like it did before...we need
answers and much more help and less waste..
.from FEMA...The Army Corps...and our parish government....people need to
move on...but they need help...and the help we are getting is to slow...in
the meantime...everyone does what they can...
clm