[StBernard] Seven months and a week after Katrina

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 12 07:42:35 EDT 2006

Jill,
Thank you for sharing this email. So many of us feel the same exact way
after all that has happened. Reading something like this is part of a
healing cycle. I lived in Violet and lost everything also. My husband is
essential personnel in the parish so he has been there since Katrina hit.
Since August my kids and I have only seen him 2 times. We are living in
Colorado until the summer so my kids can finish out this school year. My son
was a senior at St Bernard High and I wanted him to have some normalcy for
his senior year. I have to say that the people here have been wonderful to
us but it's not home. St Bernard is my home and I am hoping to return there.
We all have to trust in God this will work out. It will take time but as
Nancy said in her passage we have to do this together. Thank you again for
sharing such a wonderful email. She has touched on many of my feelings as
well as everyone else's I am sure.

Tara M