[StBernard] Ex-FEMA chief Brown may be hired by ravaged parish

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 12 07:43:36 EDT 2006

Wendy,
I'll have to check that out, that's why I was hesitant to state the case
too strongly. But I believe there was a serious question about members of
the first Bush administration leaving office then immediately getting paid
to lobby their former employees. As I recall, this brought about a strong
reaction. I might have been a Presidential Order of something of that
nature that put a stop to it for two years after leaving a post. I am
unclear and intend to research it to find out for certain. That is why I am
hesitant to be too forceful about this, but I seem to distinctly remember
this taking place. If anyone else knows the answer to this, please step in.
Thanks, Ron