[StBernard] From nola.com Q &A on the new advisories

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 13 09:05:00 EDT 2006

Why does it surprise you that we are still in the dark; no-one is concerned
about St. Bernard, they wish we would just go away. If our parish was
larger like Jefferson or New Orleans they maybe concerned, but they think we
are a little fishing village. Many people have not even heard of us, so how
could they be aware of the history in our wonderful parish.

The reason many of the residents are purchasing homes in other areas (myself
included) is because we are in limbo, no closure, no real insight as to
where the parish is going, I don't mean the council, I mean the whole entire
government, no one can actually tell what is going to happen.

Our areas maybe green space, waterway, golf courses or whatever else. This
is OK if we only knew for sure where we stand. It appears that everyone on
the North side of Judge Perez does not know what to do, I live in Buccaneer
North, my home is gutted and so is the one we own across the street from
ours, am I going to put any money into fixing anything at this time NO
WAY!!, if we put money into it then they say it is a definite buy out we
will never get back that money, because they will only pay a certain price.

THINK ABOUT IT, WE ARE ALL STILL VERY UNKNOWING AS TO WHAT TO DO.

Dianne