[StBernard] FEMA Advisory and Public Meeting

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 13 09:11:57 EDT 2006

Look at your pre-Katrina flood zone. If you were in an A or V zone, you
were in the flood plain. Any other letter and you were outside the flood
plain.

As for your BFE, you need to look at the actual FIRM maps. I don't have the
link handy, but John Scurich sent it out a couple of weeks ago. The only
problem is that you cannot rely on just the BFE, you need to know what is
the grade level for the other buildings surrounding you. If that grade
level plus three feet is higher than the BFE, you will need to elevate to
that level.

Westley