[StBernard] FEMA Publications & attitudes

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Apr 17 09:14:16 EDT 2006

Things are getting beyond rediculous for the masses. Many "very
intelligent" folks need help with all this mess. We would hate to see
someone "simple-minded" trying to figure things out. It's quite possible
that many people are going to get blind-sided by making wrong choices.

Why doesn't the local government/state government, etc. develop a "helper"
program where a type of "social-worker" is assigned to an unfortunate
citizen that has problems figuring things out which would be an "advisor"
that is available to help the people make intelligent, best choices,
less-expensive mistakes during crucial efforts which could wind up costing
an individual a home, last bit of finances,etc.

Things have gotten worse when nothing is working right, deadlines are placed
upon us during emotional crisis, finances are being pushed to the limits by
creditors, people are given indecisive answers, and "waste makes haste" in
this para-stressful first year.

And, NO. Welcome to the 'real world' doesn't apply when we see how other
tragedies have gotten the attention it deserves. Imagining months going by
with little to show for it. That's not the real world. It's pacifistic,
ineptness and frankly makes me sicker by the moment to think the real trash
is not in or in front of our homes.

--jer--