[StBernard] Replacing lost housing is off to a slow start

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Apr 17 19:32:26 EDT 2006

These plans seem okay at best. Just another way for some to line their
pockets with a great deal of money! I don't think anyone truly cares about
the blue collar worker. These plans seem to have "money for me" written all
over them. Do we really need Katrina Cottages? Storm winds can be more than
130 miles an hour...It seems to me that water was the main problem...and
according to insurance companies...who did not want to pay for wind damage.

There are many homes that will be livable once they are fixed. It is the
government who is holding things back with the maps and ideas of raising
homes!

Raising homes three feet will not matter if we have another "Katrina"!!!

All of St. Bernard Parish was under water! We had at least 10 feet in our
own home,some homes had twenty feet...what will raising homes three feet do
in another Katrina?

When will the public see...that the government is placing the responsibility
on the homeowners...in raising the homes...when they should be doing
everything in their power to build a state of the art levee system...closing
the MRGO...and restoring the wetlands that were ruined by ship channels,
pipelines, and other environmental issues...

GW Bush came to New Orleans and said that he would do everything (what ever
it takes) to get Louisiana and the Gulf Coast back...was this just "LIP"
service from our President?

If GW means what he said...why are we having so much grief? Why is it taking
so long? Why do our people continue to suffer? Why?

clm