[StBernard] mayoral debate tonight

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Apr 18 21:26:58 EDT 2006

Also Deborah, I was immensely pleased to see just about all the candidates
say to America "Thank you for all the help and assistance you have given
us." We do need to let the country know that we are appreciative of the
help we've received.

As they say, I don't have a dog in this hunt, but personally, I was
impressed by Virginia Boulet, Mitch and Rob Couhig. Boulet's idea of moving
UNO downtown is, of course, impractical, but I can say this...here in B'ham,
UAB takes up a BIG chunk of downtown Birmingham. I can see how it would
help a great bit with the revitalization of the CBD, but it's not practical
to move what's already established elsewhere. Still, if the universities
could establish some add'l presence in the CBD it would help to revitalize
the area.

In addition, I wish I could see some TV commercials where we emphasize what
all WE do for the rest of the country, i.e., the amount of cargo that comes
in and moves out from the rest of the country thru the port of N.O., the
amount of oil/gas that is produced off our coast, etc. That could be a real
wakeup call to the rest of the country.

JY