[StBernard] Council Statement on the FEMA Advisory Base FloodElevation

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Apr 18 21:27:38 EDT 2006

Jerry, try this...for every instance of passive-voiced statements (i.e. it
is to be hoped, it is hoped, etc.) change it to active voice. I was
actually able to read and comprehend after about 2 1/2 readings of it.

It reminds me of a history course I took at Tulane under Dr. Vella who wrote
the fascinating story of the Baroness Pontalba, "Intimate Enemies". I had to
do a short paper for her. She gave it back noting it had "too much passive
voiced statements in it. She said it sounded like a government pamphlet....
two drumbeats and I replied "I work for the federal government"...two more
drumbeats... she replied "Oh...fix it."

JY

**Would someone care to interpret this narration (somewhere between
War and
Peace and my 10,000 word punishwork in high school ?)

I'm afraid my brain's fizzled from info-overload and if it's going
to cost
me $$$, someone needs to come up with better ideas of how NOT to
cost us
anymore. I've proposed an idea where there parish "helpers" can be
on call
to help interpret in plain English for anyone who has trouble
understanding
tripe and miscues. Damn, what are the feeble-minded and challenged
doing
when the "Intels" haven't a clue how to better understand what's
transpiring?

Putting folks through a wringer is not an good/decent example of
recovery.
It's exasterbated torture mixed in with more psychological harm.

==jer==