[StBernard] damage challenge

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Apr 18 23:13:04 EDT 2006

Actually, according to FEMA, if your damage assessment is in the
40-60%
range, you need an itemized estimate for repairs.

That is just my point, I do not need a permit for gutting and sheetrock, but
this assessment is wrong and I have to pay to get it corrected. That is my
gripe, I should not have to go through that. We gut and hang rock ourselves,
own hands, no hired help. Why pay someone for itemized estimate. I keep all
my receipts for materials. Permit office told us a while back we dont need a
permit, to start gutting and fixing. Of course nothing in writing. I better
keep my mouth shut and just do what I have to do.

Gaby