[StBernard] Entergy

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Apr 22 12:05:58 EDT 2006

Sorry this is a late reply, but I just got two bills from Entergy with
issues.............
Chalmette home- claims I used more electricity in the 21 days before the
storm (7 of which we were on vacation) than the 31 day previous cycle. Also
claims they read my meter on Sept. 8? (How did they access the area and did
they use scuba gear to read the meter?) I have it "in investigation" with
them and supposedly they can find the meter they pulled from my house in
January...........
New Kenner place - get a bill in the mail that is already due (gotta love
our new postal system). I call to ask to pay online or over the phone THEY
DON"T OFFER IT!!
I ask if I can go to the grocery store and pay........they say doesn't
credit for 10 days unless it is an "authorized" location....funny, my
husband paid the bill for his Lions Club all the time at Sav A Center. They
deduct the money right away...where does it go for 10 days...........Anyway,
the "authorized" locations in Metairie and Kenner are 3 pawn shops and a
Latin Grocery store................what kind of Customer Service is this????
No way to pay your bill but the mail that can't get to you in 3
weeks.............monopoly at it's best.
Glad I am moving where you have a choice of Electric
providers.................Sorry for the vent, but it's appauling that a
company that spends so much money on PR can't SERVE it's customers and takes
advantage of them during the worst natural disaster in our country's
history. Sadder that we can do nothing about it.............

Patty