[StBernard] welcome back Fr. Dennis

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 23 23:26:59 EDT 2006

For those Catholics in the parish, Fr. Dennis Hayes, formerly of St. Louise,
has been assigned to OLPS. With masses at 4pm Sat, and now 9am and 11 am on
Sunday, Fr Danny Digal sure needed help. The deacon said he had SIX baptisms
today.

Fr. Dennis inspired us at his first post-Katrina mass at OLPS with the
"Don't rush me" sermon and his homily today on inner peace was just the
message we needed to hear right before we returned to another full day of
working on the house. Twenty five continuous weekends of clean up and repair
work and we're not even half way done yet.

Services we have been to outside OLPS just aren't the same. It's like
Katrina is old news. If you need some spirit lifting and encouragement,
check out your local St. Bernard churches.

ddk