[StBernard] Your right to choose

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Apr 24 21:41:31 EDT 2006

JR,

In reading the full judgment, this type of arrangement actually has a
125-year history. The theory behind it is that person A shouldn't share in
the benefits obtained by person B without also sharing in the costs incurred
by person B.

This is one of the reasons I can understand if there was a set-aside for
those who are in the expanded map but not in Murphy's Map. But requiring
everyone who opts out to pay into the set-aside doesn't make sense.

I'm waiting on a legal opinion to get a better understanding of who has to
pay into the set-aside and who doesn't.

Westley