[StBernard] products

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 27 17:58:39 EDT 2006

Thank you Deborah for the info. I thought I'd read on the St. Bernard forum
on nola.com that one of those was available at Home Depot. (smiling to not
cry) Oh hell, what the hell's a hundred bucks nowadays? I'm slowly watching
my parents' hard earned savings dwindle down.

You mentioned something about the hole where the bathtub was. We left the
tubs in at our house.. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to
how to clean those? When I checked home depot online, all I saw there were
those acrylic/composite tubs and I've always hated those. When I went to
Koehler online, the price for iron/porcelain tubs was over $1300! I thought
there should be a way to either clean/disinfect a porcelain tub or possibly
have it resealed.

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts?

Deborah, I'm going to refer to you as the St. Bernard "answer lady"!
(smile) Your knowledge, expertise and willingness to share are deeply
appreciated by me and I'm sure others too.

Jim

Boracare is sold at pest control places. It is very expensive per
gallon, I
think over $100 per gallon, and you mix it with warm water 1:1. You
mainly
spray the sill plate that touches the slab, up the studs about two
feet, any
wall area where pipes go through, any slab area where pipes come up,
and the
hole in the slab where the bathtub is, and any cracks in the slab.
You can
do more, but it gets very expensive.

Sporicidin is sold at places like Quality Wholesale, which sells
disinfectants to morgues and hospitals. It's about $25 per gallon
and you
dilute that with water, too.
Spray everything that was touched by water. Quality Wholesale used
to have a
tent by the Times Picayune building and another in Lakeview. Call
them to
see where you can buy it now.

You can also finds places over the internet that sell it.

Deborah Keller