[StBernard] what I concluded today

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 27 17:59:23 EDT 2006

Deborah Keller wrote:
I asked why not reference the top of the street curb or the centerline of
street which a 10 year old with a ruler and a tape measure can use to get an
idea of where their slab is today compared to that. Do you know where the
ground was on your lot before anyone built the house on it?

I kinda wondered something similar. In our subdivision, you could see the
grade increase from the center of the street, going up the driveways to the
houses. I just thought that should somehow be taken into consideration. Of
course I don't know how much it has settled from the weight of the water.

As an aside, when FEMA released the ABFE and their formulas, I looked at it
and said "way over my head". I sent the page to a friend in Ohio who is
married to an engineer from Ohio State. She forwarded to his work and he
replied "this is gonna take me a few days to work on". LOL!!

Jim