[StBernard] EVERYONE will be paying fees to Torres...opt out or class act...

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Apr 28 23:24:26 EDT 2006

This is true. I opted out and settled today and had to pay the 7 percent.
If you stay in or already have representation, you will be required to pay
12 percent. These percentages only apply to the plaintiffs in the
newly-added EPA map. These fees do not apply to people in the original
"Murphy" map. So Murphy has now accepted the EPA map and is offering
settlement to those in that new zone, approximately 700 homes. I was told
by Murphy that about 75 percent of those in the original map have settled
and about 50 percent of those in the new area, EPA map, have settled. I had
to pay $2170 to the Torres Law Firm. We're not happy about this and
wondering how legal it really is.

lm