[StBernard] Please address this to CRAIG Taffaro thanks

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 2 01:35:19 EDT 2006

Sue and Sheila:

I could not agree more. It is long past the time where everyone should have
at least gutted their house and showed some consideration for their
neighbors. I cannot wait until the parish starts putting stickers on these
houses noting that they will be demolished. At that point you will finally
see some homes cleaned, and eventually, the remaining ones destroyed. How
can anyone think that seven months later that there is a benefit to letting
their homes sit? I am tired of hearing excuses about insurance disputes.
Photographs will more than suffice, especially with a witness on hand while
the pictures are being taken.

Craig, along the same lines, I thought that I had read that the parish was
going to start putting notices on abandoned cars, then towing them away. Is
this correct, and if so, is there a shortage of manpower to handle this
effort? I have no doubt that at least one person on each street would
readily agree to place the notices on these vehicles that we pass every day.
I gladly volunteer myself for my neighborhood and the surrounding streets.

I know that there are reasonable situations for some of these homes
remaining as is (a singe mother, for example), but the only way to identify
these unique situations is to place notices on all those homes where no
action has taken place.

Thanks for allowing me to vent, but I am in the same boat as many others,
and I struggle every day to do what I can, so I am not asking for anything
more than what is reasonable and what should be expected from a neighbor.

John