[StBernard] sba loans

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun May 7 19:06:39 EDT 2006

Welcome to the club !!!!! For many months, I have been facing the same
struggle with SBA......and do not have the situation settled as of yet.

After deciding not to rebuild my home in St. Bernard, I purchase a home in
another state....a home comparable to the one I lost to Katrina. In
addition to having to relocate, the victims of Katrina have been forced to
purchase homes at prices that are sinfully inflated. And adding more insult
to injury, the amount SBA has approved to loan me is a drop in the bucket
compared to the amount I now owe.

Maybe (they, the government, SBA) is deliberately trying to make this
process so difficult that we get discouraged and decide to give up and pay
the higher conventional loan rates out of shear desperation.

I, too, would like to know if anyone has been successful in obtaining an SBA
loan for an amount greater than the original SBA approved amount.

Thanks,
MMM