[StBernard] Governor responds to Doug Brinkley's The Great Deluge

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 8 22:43:19 EDT 2006

Governor responds to Doug Brinkley's The Great Deluge

"I've read excerpts of Doug Brinkley's The Great Deluge. It appears to be
the first historical book that has researched the available record on
Katrina and is the closest to actual fact.

"I've always been confident that the truth will reveal itself and it will be
told. I hope that this book gets to the core of what I've known since the
beginning. 93% of New Orleans area citizens evacuated out of harm's way just
as I had urged well before the storm. After the storm, I quickly sent in
Louisiana's Wildlife and Fisheries agents, National Guardsmen and other
first responders to rescue tens of thousands of lives. I worked day and
night to get more resources to the storm ravaged areas and the nation
responded. We had limited resources and unlimited needs. But I never gave
up. I never quit. And I'm not about to now."

-30-

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's
People www.louisianahelp.org