[StBernard] SSN on Drivers License

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri May 12 23:32:45 EDT 2006

Wow! I didn't even know it was an option until renewing this time.

But a case in point...very nice older lady was staying at hotel we were.
She got out of her car and *thought* she'd locked the door, while going to
get luggage cart to unload. Well, she didn't lock the door and purse was in
the car and gone upon her return...in just a few minutes. Well, whoever got
the purse maxed out the credit cards, and she contacted card companies
immediately. However, as she was saying "Right now, I'm nobody. I don't
have a DL, nor my health insurance card, my SSN card or anything. I'm a
non-entity."

It's very scary and at this time, particularly for we Katrina folks, I doubt
if any of us could handle identity theft on top of everything else.

JY

Yes Jim

I opted NOT to have my SSN on my DL years ago - ya just never know

Carol C