[StBernard] Question for Craig

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat May 13 19:07:37 EDT 2006

Thanks Westley!

The way this thing works for her pacemaker test you need the handset so
using the phone as is will suffice. You put the receiver in the thing and
it immediately starts transmitting. When the tech needs you to do something
else an alert light flashes, you pick up the handset and speak.

I'll be honest and say I'm gonna have a hard time understanding why we can't
get land-line service at the Dean property. From that location you can see
the central office there in Poydras. I'm pretty well versed in telecomm
issues from workiing at NFC/IRMD and understand that the "thing" gave
BellSouth an opportunity to do what it was going to do in stages before,
which was to get rid of all the copper lines and replace with fiber, but
this is going awfully, awfully slow.

Jim

Jim,

If you can't get phone service for your trailer, BellSouth has
installed
phones and phone jacks in the lobby of the government complex that
are free
for use. There are about a dozen phone/phone jacks there.

All the phones are the wall mounted trim line style phones, so if
you have
to unplug a phone to get a working jack, no big deal, just pull the
base of
the phone up until it unlocks.

Westley