[StBernard] Murphy

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat May 13 22:49:15 EDT 2006

Sort of sounds like a double-edged sword or a husband/wife according to the
old addage: "Can't do with them - Can't do without them!

STILL, we can't ki$$ their a$$es, but like the Alamo: "Remember the . ."

Just because we're shackled by dubious attorney's doesn't let Murphy off
their "responsibility hook". They are at fault and trying to make a tax-base
excuse for those who suffer needlessly and can't return because of
negligence doesn't make it proper.

However, in fairness to Murphy, we DID know we stood in harm's way during an
emergency which could occur in their backyard and stll we chose to live in
the mist of things next to it (even though next in this case means up to 3
miles).

Losing jobs are secondary to losing homes, neighborhoods and communities,
don't you agree?

=jer=

JY,

Do not put all of this heartache on Murphy. In a lot of ways, their hands
are tied and you have to remember who put their hands in the shackles,
Sidney Torres, et al.

Murphy is still a large employer in St. Bernard Parish and without them we
would lose jobs and tax revenue.

Westley