[StBernard] Murphy

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun May 14 12:03:15 EDT 2006

Ok, Westley, logic is somewhat sound. However, what better reason to help
keep people away from Chalmette than have a "good old fashion oil spill at a
neighborhood near you?"

This accident on top of a hurricane disaster, then ignore EPA, and other's
who tested for positive in areas outside it's declared boundaries is
pathetic. Drag feet and allow the attorneys to "catch up". Now many of us
are in the proverbial "between a rock and a hard place".

Who loses? Citizens lose more than Murphy with its/oil companies' grand
profits up scheming. Giving up $20-$30,000 to each homeowners is a bargain
and would be like us losing a thousand dollars (Pre-Katrina) if we had a
bank account/property of $50,000 or more. Now comes the attitude. Where's
the public outcry that citizens have been "seized" by the event? Other
cultures would have been storming the courthouse and Murphy's in public
protest vs. the "injustices" placed upon them? It's not only a local
disgrace, it surpases a national one.

Now, Murphy sits back and awaits it's day in court. Given the emotional
distress just fuels our Chalmatian neighbors to stay away as oil and
hurricane mold do not mix. Yes, we're outraged and to date, the best we've
been able to do was discuss it here and on Nola.com. Give a gag order not to
discuss and the real gagging is passed on to us who find ourselves
bewitched, bothered and bewildered to say the least. (Please, Craig..no more
rants of "take a deep breath and make an appointment in the morning"
<G>>)...I prefer ventilation to pacifistic bidings of time.

-==Jer==-