[StBernard] Lists

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 17 19:56:27 EDT 2006

Please explain to me why I should invest money in my property, which may or
may not be according to the map released by Murphy, in a proposed Murphy
buffer zone buyout? Why should I invest more of my time and money into a
house that I will never live in again? I gutted my house to recover what I
could, and because it was the right thing to do. Not as a favor to my
neighbors. We have a levee system that is back to pre Katrina standards.
We all saw what that got us last time. So please tell me again, why am I
supposed to invest more money into an already destroyed house? I am willing
to board it up. I have no problem with that, but weigh the cost of some
plywood and screws against the cost of windows and doors. It's a no
brainier. As of today there is one person that is planning on returning to
our block. I am sure they will enjoy looking at all those shiny new doors
and windows. The council should have had some type of repopulation plan in
place long ago, but all you ever hear is "rebuild at your own risk". You
have to love that type of leadership. It's truly a Confederacy of Dunces.
Ray Albert