[StBernard] to Ray A.

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 17 22:59:04 EDT 2006

To Ray A-why should you, you ask? Because you are legally responsible as the
property owner. Sell the property, donate it, give it away to a non-profit
organization, but those of us who have reinvested in our homes ask, why
should our new investment and hard work be threatened by fire, vagrants,
snakes, rats, etc. because you want to abdicate your responsibiltiy? No one
forced you to buy it, and no one is forcing you to continue to own it, just
as no one forced any of us to take a chance on the future of St. Bernard.
Your logic is like a parent asking why they have to be responsible for a
child they no longer need or want. I hope this isn't your philosophy on
everything in life you are responsible for because you created it or bought
it and then decided it's not worth your time or money- be it your son,
daughter, dog, cat, ...

Our elected officials are making the tough calls necessary to lead us
through recovery. Good leaders shouldn't try to be everyone's buddy, A
year is very generous unless we were all planning to walk away, turn off the
lights and say goodbye to our parish.

ANONYMOUSLY