[StBernard] Question for Craig about Homes in oil spill area

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri May 19 09:05:07 EDT 2006

" Craig, I lived in the oil spill area and signed up for demolition. I was
told yesterday by the Dept of Community Development that FEMA will not
reimburse the parish for demolition in the oil spill area and they are not
demolishing homes in this area. If this is the case, why is the parish
letting people get permits and rebuild in this area? It's too hazardous to
demolish, but people can live there?? The whole area needs to be condemned
and either Murphy, The parish, The state, or the federal government needs to
buy this area and make it a green space. --BJ."

**BJ, how'd you get that much wisdom in a single lifetime??<smile>.. For
some, it takes at least 3 lifetimes to figure out what makes common sense.
Seems there is a case of too many Indians/Cooks/Chiefs, etc. running the
show at the parish. Some have fancy headdresses/Aprons, but it's a common
case of "who's runnin' da show?" mentality. In most organizations and
businesses, governments, etc. there is a "buck stops here" concept--that is
someone overlooks the departments, making all run like a well-oiled machine.
This is not happening.

When we're placed in a Get-in-or-get-out situation, we're forced to defend
our personal rights (yes, forget about the democracy of the sitution,
because indiviudal rights takes precedent over majorial rights). If we're
told 'dis and dat', dee's and doe's, and each instruction runs against the
grain, we question the validity of the situation.

How many times must we get stung awaiting a "much-needed-break" that is
deserved by the hurtful? Doesn't this burn-u-up? Unless I'm correct, we
won't see a positive outcome from so much disarray.

=--Jer--=