[StBernard] New Orleans Mayoral Election

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun May 21 11:27:18 EDT 2006

**It would have been bad enough to have the "liberal" at the helms of New
Orleans as the lesser of evils and it appears a conservative will never
again rule the roost in New Orleans (sigh!)..

Now that Renege-on Nagin has pulled it off, we can expect the Choc-0-late
city to become more choc-o-later as time goes on with a migration out of the
city. (but Not to St. Bernard Parish). Expect more minorities to praise the
victory vs. white superiority defeat there. Who knows? Illegals might enjoy
getting a city of their own for the taking.

It's a death knell perhaps. Ding...Ding...Dong. Clang, cling, clang...

Housing will become available in our parish with buyouts. HUD will see to
this, perhaps. There will be a drastic makeover/changeover in the next few
years.

Ding, Ding,.. Dong.

What a disaster after the disaster. How less than a day can mark the end of
an era. I hope I'm wrong for the sake of great people who still wish it were
back to the time when we took so many things for granted.

As to Nagin and others on the microscope slide, Jefferson is first in
investigation. Who will be next?

==Jer==

AP and MSNBC are reporting that Ray Nagin has been re-elected as Mayor of
New Orleans.

May this be the first nail in the coffin to signify the death of the
Landrieu (aka Southern Kennedy) clan in Louisiana politics.

Westley