[StBernard] how about another list

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun May 21 20:43:28 EDT 2006

Second, if my area is not going to be redeveloped under the
Duany plan, cleaning up is not helping my neighbors as they won't be
able to
come back to that neighborhood in the end anyway.>>

Point well taken about no neighbors being able to come back.
Yet there are folks who know for a long time that their area is being
repopulated and still, they leave their property abandoned, with weeds now
higher than me, even higher than the gutter.

I am tempted by mean thoughts of buying property adjacent to all those
people's new nice homes, putting a stinking rotten fridge there and let the
grass grow high, claiming I don't want to throw money away on the property
because someone will buy it from me within a year.
Again, once I own property I am responsible for it until it is sold, no
matter if a person or the government buys it. It is still the owners
responsibility.
I hope there is a middle ground that is workable for both sides. Just dont
abandon it like that. It is still yours, buy out or no buy out. Today it is
yours and you are responsible. How much you should spent? well, that is
another question. The minimum possible to make it acceptable.
Just my two cents worth.

Gaby