[StBernard] List-NOW: Moving Forward

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 22 09:01:48 EDT 2006

Thank you, Sue, for saying pretty much what has been going through my mind
for the past year.

One thing that bothers me even more, is all of the "got-mines" busy minding
everybody else's' business. If I hear/read one more know-it-all telling me
how bad a person I am for starting my life over here in Texas.
Unfortunately, my insurance and financial situations do not allow me to
rebuild and come back to a going-nowhere job. At least here in Texas, I got
an opportunity I never would have had in Louisiana, and a chance to actually
do something with my life.

We will be back at the end of June to have our house gutted, and if
necessary, have it torn down. I am hopeful that it is sound enough to sell,
but if it isn't, c'est la guerre. I'll make an appointment with a
bulldozer, and sell the property.

And for the record, I am damn proud to have graduated from Chalmette High
School, and proud to have been a part of the (formerly) friendly community
of Chalmette.

Sam Costanza

> Thank you Paul, once again I feel betrayed. We were led to believe

> that all these list was for was just to know our intentions. Who was

> coming back and who wasn't. Out of the blue we get this notice about

> August 29, GEE thanks a lot guys. Here we are sitting on a gutting

> list, with no way of having a house gutted and given a notice that

> cannot be possibly met. LRA money has not even passed yet. All I have

> done is cry since this came out. Our parish has betrayed us since the

> first week of the hurricane, I remember sitting in Texas and hearing

> our officials state that we would not have a school in the parish for

> at least a year if then. I panicked then saying they are killing us by

> saying this because people are going not going to waste a year of

> their children's life. Everything we heard was negative. Most of the

> parish would have to be taken down. Has any of this been true, NO

> there was a school there in no time and there were only 3000 house's

> on the demolitions list and most of them because the people had

> settled elsewhere and did not want to be bothered, not because they

> needed to be taken down. All of you officials take credit for running

> our community away and here you seem to be finishing off the job by

> imposing this impossible deadline even if we wanted to their is no way

> for most of us to order the windows (if we had the money)and have them

> installed in time. Especially when this is the only place I have seen

> this posted. How many people still do not know about this ? I have

> personally been thoroughly betrayed by the Army core of engineers,

> the federal government, My insurance company, and once again by my own

> parish . Thanks a lot. I will be in before the 9th to sign up for the

> demolition, so make it 3001 now. My family will be happy because they

> did not want me going back by myself. But make no mistake that I am find

with this I have shed many tears over this and I know their are a lot more
to come.