[StBernard] Green space/Mitigation

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 22 23:39:56 EDT 2006

Yes, I think a lot of people are confused. As I said, the Louisiana Speaks
website of the LRA indicates that the parish -- with the input of the
neighborhoods -- will decide which areas will and will not be rebuilt. It
seems to me that the Parish will not have the population to support
rebuilding all neighborhoods right away. I think a Redevelopment Map of the
kind mentioned at that website would be a great help, especially for those
of us who are confused about the future of our neighborhoods. At least we
would know what our options are with our property. Whatever is decided, it
needs to be a clear statement of what will happen to each neighborhood, and
it needs to be published in some official manner -- perhaps on the official
Parish government website, for example, so everyone has the same story.

By the way, the properties that we own are gutted. What I don't want to do
is to start buying new doors and windows for property in an area that is not
going to be redeveloped in the near future.

CK