[StBernard] Doors and Windows

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 22 23:40:52 EDT 2006

AMF,

There is no massive buyout where you are. There are obviously going to be
difficult challenges for properties that have been greater than 50% damaged
and are not compliant with the 1975 base flood elevations. The more
difficult situation is tied to the guessing game that the LRA may offer. If
you can make a decision and wish to return and rebuild then at this point we
have no reason to stop you. If something changes that forces an issue
related to your property, you will have to be compensated. Not being the
representative for your area, I hesitate to give specific direction as Mr.
Madary is the lead for his area.

In a general sense, I think that anyone who has the ability to move within
the parish to a less devastated area would do well to do so. I hope that
this is somewhat helpful but feel free to call on me if you would like to
discuss this further.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig