[StBernard] Made with Love Cafe

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 23 22:35:48 EDT 2006

The Made with love Cafe is one week away from closing, and it serves as a
crucial community center for the people of St. Bernard Parish.

Iray, who is leading the charge to create a new center in St. Bernard and
has formed board of all local people. He just gave me a call to say that the

non-profit status has not been processed yet, and asked if I could help
raise funds to get insurance for the new community center building through
Action Hero.

This is a critical moment. We need to band together and make this happen.
Call on all your resources and networks to support the creation of this new
center for grassroots organizing. This is the frontlines. Your support now
will create the space for you to take part later!

They have a simple site set up now: http://groups.msn.com/ccstbp

Iray's phone number is on the web page if you have ideas about how to get
funds to help this project.

Send your tax deductable donation through this link:
<http://www.ihcenter.org/groups/actionheronetwork.html>

Make a note with your donation to say you want it to go to the new center.

See yourself in St. Bernard. This the place for us to gather and create
dreams. It is a wasteland. It can become a garden.

This is our battle.

CONTACT THE MEDIA!!

Raise attention to the fact that Made With Love Cafe has for the past 5
months been amazing place for the people of St. Bernard, and it's loss will
leave a great void.

Please email these people, one at a time if you can, to make it most
effective. If you send batch emails, they might not get seen. Many emails
from individuals will be powerful and hard to ignor.

Tell them about Made with Love, and important work we are doing down there,

and the need to continue this work in a community center lead by the people
of St. Bernard.

Send them these links... to my doc: Making Love in a Distaster Zone:

And the flood map that shows how St. Bernard was totally under water:
http://www.nola.com/katrina/graphics/depths.swf (Made with Love is in
Arabi)

Please take the time to write at least a few emails. You have the power!!!