[StBernard] Information

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue May 23 22:32:57 EDT 2006

Craig or Wes,

I keep hearing crazy things up here concerning building codes, electrical
codes, etc. Example: I've been told that if your home isn't soda blasted
then you can't sell it. The receipt will be needed at the time of sale. I
was told you can sand the studs and get the same results. I have hands (kids
are a wonderful thing) to sand but not the money to pay for soda blasting as
much as I would love that to save time. Is this true? Then I was told today
that every room has to have a fire alarm hard wired in each room? I didn't
have this worked into my original budget. While it isn't much, every penny
counts, especially when I got a bid of over $7500 to rewire a gutted house
and I would still have to buy all the fixtures. (Pre- Katrina my ex
mother-in-law was considering rewiring her 3000sq ft uptown home with
plaster, sheetrock, and furniture still in the house. The bid was for about
the same- my home is a mere 1300sq ft with nothing in the way. This has to
be price gouging at it's worse). Is it on the website? Is there a link? Need
to know soon because I may now have to rethink my plans for returning funds
are limited being a single mom with three kids and may now have to consider
selling this beautiful gutted structure if the costs get too high. Thanks as
always.

Wendy Hall