[StBernard] New Orleans Mayoral Election

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 24 10:43:35 EDT 2006

Donna, Razz, let's throw out all the rest of the stuff except his racist
views to criple the city (and consequently St. Bernard gets bitten by the
ill-generated remark as well.

Here's the point that many would agree. During the run for Mayor, his
divisive remarks polorized our area for everyone but the black population,
(MANY which have indicated their approval of the statement by their firm
support behind Nagin and actually believing his rhetoric about "divine
intervention" and the Almighty's approval to have blacks overpopulate New
Orleans. This strategic move to solidify New Olreans (and probably had
support nationwide) with racist comments seemed to work in his election
outcome. (Even though whites pulled the Nagin lever as well in the voter's
booth).

"Busing" black voters to the polls was the last straw for many. But, by this
time, so many believed in Nagin (remember Marion Berry of Wash.DC (Cocaine
bust), who became "stronger" in the eyes of blacks who viewed Berry as a
"vangard" for the populace (perhaps seeing the incident as a "conspiracy" to
put yet another strong black leader in jail (ie./aka Nelson Mendella who
murdered, yet was elevated to god-like) or a "strong black leader" who
defied the odds vs. him and came back again to lead in the same area. We
suppose if it were a white-republican, he would have been run out of town
after being tar-'n-feathered for dastardly deeds.

So, to simply this, let's just say WHY do we put up with such nonsense and
start holding our leaders to higher standards instead of incidences like
Nagins' which has been accepted (and elevated, by the 55% black voters in
N'awlins) as a victory for blacks and whites would just have to suck it up
and live with the fact that "God intended Blacks to run New Orleans and
outnumber whites" until time runs out on Earth.

And, now (as is "traditional rhetoric), he's calling for peace and
brotherhood in closing the ranks of blacks/whites/demos/repubs/etc..etc..

So, now for most of conservatives in St. Bernard (and many
demos/independents) who felt injusticed by the event), an "elephant's
memory" has permanently been set in place.

Oh, we won't talk about anything else the man has done, or plans on doing
for the next few years. We doubt the "sudden" change of heart immediately
after the election. ;^)

=-=jer=-=