[StBernard] American Idol

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed May 24 10:46:36 EDT 2006

I think Taylor is the best talent seen on American Idol. Catherine's style
comes a dime a dozen. The way Taylor sings and the energy he puts into it
is a timeless expression that will last longer than any pretty face trying
to be a Whitney Houston. Her music will be on bubblegum pop stations.
Taylor's will cross over to pop, R&B, country, soul... all that jazz. Go
Taylor! Soul Patrol to the end!!! And Catherine, have a nice day :)

Heidi

I like Taylor. I think he's a great kid and a "fun" talent. But if
he and
the girl, Catherine, were public companies needing investors, I'm
not so
sure I'd sink any of my capital into Taylor. I don't expect Taylor's
career
to last too long - he just doesn't appear to have what they call
sustainable
talent for the recording industry over the long haul. Now, Catherine
and
that cute blond girl who got knocked off a few weeks ago (who often
sang
country), I'd invest big bucks into them. You'll see both of them
around
for several years to come.

Overall, I thought this was one of the more disappointing years for
overall
talent among the final group of contestants. Oddly enough, when they
started off it appeared they would be the most talented. I still
think the
group a few years ago with Ruben Stoddard and Clay Akins was
probably the
best.

John Scurich